Wanting Falafel

Despite a solid week of martial arts training, an adventurous weekend out with new people, and serving Alex a handy ass-whooping playing cards, I’m feeling a bit low this week.
Homesick? Well, I do miss the diversity of people and FOOD, and I do miss my families, but I haven’t the desire to leave Korea. Is it homesickness if the want to return home is absent?  All I want is garlic bread that doesn’t have sugar on it, and maybe one of these days I’ll break down and buy butter or tomatoes ($$$). 
Insomnia?  I have been suffering a bit from lack of sleep, which I attribute to the population density (like sardines) and building materials (concrete). Every sound is amplified and reverberates at lightening speed. Koreans are late, late, late night people.  There are always lights flicking on and off, and drunk girls in high heels plodding up the stairs with yapping dogs at their feet.  Then again, haven’t I always had trouble sleeping?  This weekend the quest for earplugs is on.
The weather?  It is incredibly hot!  What I wouldn’t give for a solid week of rain!
So, there you go.  I guess, it boils down to a need for a rain-soaked snack before a good night's rest.  Thanks for listening. 
 
Please send Falafel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understated

One Year On