The Beginning . . .

Two days after Alex hopped a flight to Seoul, and I'm miserable.  I didn't think I'd be so lonely, even the cats are depressed.   We spent saturday with Master Cheon and other students from the martial arts school, taking a long lunch at a Korean BBQ. Master Cheon waxed poetic about the differences we'd encounter, and I thought how odd that at the same time Sunday, Alex would be gone.


He wrote me a tear-jerker before leaving, and I probably already would've had tears, but this really sealed the deal.

"We will be apart in body, but not in soul, every new experience I have will be filled with thoughts of you, of how you would see it, of how we would speak, of how you would make fun of my syrupy sentimentality . . ."


 Can you believe this guy?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understated

One Year On