*Sigh*

This whole thing has been much harder than I anticipated. The separation, the packing, the separation . . . did I mention the separation?

It's difficult to stay focused on tasks at hand. I whirl around the apartment with boxes, tissue and packing peanuts, one eye always trained on the computer hoping to see a new email or Alex online. While I should be trying to get all the necessary paperwork and vaccinations completed, I worry about packing, the cats, and whether Alex has emailed me or is online. I'm sure you get the picture.

I do not recommend this type of separation for anyone. Alex and I have agreed, in hindsight, that we would never do this again. Not the move itself, but rather the moving separately.  20/20, right?

I had my first round of vaccinations at Northwestern's Travel Immunization Clinic. The staff are very informative and helpful. The only critical vaccinations are the Hepititis A/B. South Korea is a very clean and progressive country, so there are not too many worries. For instance, malaria primarily exists north of Seoul, and typhoid is basically non-existent. If we were moving to India or Africa, it would be a different story. I couldn't believe the amount of immunizations recommended or required for those areas - like drinking a live typhoid culture. Gag.

Today I am putting together a care package for Alex, selling stuff on ebay, packing a bit, and trying to find a foster home for our cats until we get back. I have heard horror stories about quarantine . . . folks saying that their pets are never the same, dying in transit, quarantine employees forgetting to feed or water animals, etc.

Still so much work to do before I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year On

Understated