Quite Suddenly

Well, it’s been a crazy few days.  For starters, I left my job earlier than planned.  The owners were bringing in new co-management, and taking a new direction that I wasn't on board with, so I gracefully bowed out as they began on their new path.  The devastating side effect of leaving a job I loved is my sudden realization of how much I have to do before joining Alex in Korea. And then my plan ticket came.

It’s a weird sensation to look at this ticket if only for the reason that it’s one-way.  I stared at the destination, but was only able to envision places I was familiar with traveling to.  I thought, if I can see a tree, or a street, or a house in this faraway place, it will take the edge off. But I've never left North America, so needless to say, my imagination conjured only tidbits from books, and stories from my faraway husband.  It was about that moment I became okay with it all.  I don't know why, but I suddenly felt less anxious and ready to begin the adventure.

I have run into some obstacles applying for my visa, but Alex assured me we'd sort it out. Worse case scenario, I'll be given travel visa upon landing in Seoul, and then we'll take a mini-vacation to Fukuoka for my visa. Doesn't sound so bad, right?  Regardless, my goal is to have visa in hand when my plane touches down.  Then we can take a vacation to Fukuoka that isn’t business.

Meanwhile in Asia...

Alex made his trip to Osaka, Japan for his work visa yesterday.  It was a quick day trip, mildly stressful, and he called me at 6:45 am this morning to say he’d made it back to Seoul in one piece.  Apparently the turbulence flying out of Osaka is pretty frightening due to  the mountainous terrain around the city.  


I’m gonna sign off.  I should keep on top of this while the motivation lasts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busan: Part Two by Alex

Learning to Cook